Gas Safety Certificates
As a landlord you need a Gas Safety Certificate or CP12 for every gas appliance in your rental property. It’s a legal requirement and each individual certificate has to be renewed every year. Without them you risk a hefty fine, and the appliances may be unsafe for tenants to use.
H2 Property Services will take care of your annual certificates; one of our Gas Safe registered engineers will visit your property once a year to check the safety of your gas appliances, issue your certificate and carry out any emergency repairs should any show up in the inspection.
Call us on 020 7751 3344 or LIVE CHAT with us by clicking “We Are Here!”
What the law says?
- Annual safety checks on gas appliances must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- A gas safety record must be provided to tenants before they move in and thereafter within 28 days of the expiry date.
- Landlords are required to keep a copy of their gas safety records for two years.
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Smoke Alarms – mandatory since October 2022
We will send you annual reminders that your new gas safety certificate is due and we will organise this in plenty of time to prevent any uncessary stress. We can also liaise with your tenants to arrange an appointment that suits them and will send you your certificate electronically to keep it safe.
Landlord Certificates for gas and electrics
Along with gas safety inspections, our team of gas engineers and electricians provide testing and inspection for all the required landlord certificates in order to comply with residential landlord regulations, including:
- Electrical Inspection Condition Report (EICR)
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Gas Safety Certificate (CP12)
- Energy Performance Certificate
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm and Smoke Alarm testing and fitting
To book a landlord gas safety certificate or for information on the certificates we can do for you, contact our team today.